District Office Student Assignment Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Registration (including change of address) Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
2019 - 2020 Registration Information:
If your current primary residence is within the CUSD boundaries, please visit the Cupertino Union School District Office at 1309 S. Mary Avenue, Sunnyvale to begin the registration process.
- Review the required registration documents
- Download and review the immunization requirements (TB Risk Assessment Form - required for all new students to Santa Clara County)
PLEASE NOTE: Students must be residing in the District and be available for any necessary testing/assessment at the time of registration. The District does not accept pre-registration.
Click here to begin the online registration process or you may retrieve a paper registration packet in the Student Assignment Office.
2019 - 2020 Transitional Kindergarten (TK):
A child is eligible for Transitional Kindergarten in the 2019 - 2020 school year if a child will have his/her 5th birthday between September 2 and December 2, 2019.
TK students will be assigned to one of the eight TK Satellite Sites. Parent/guardian must register in-person at the District Office, Student Assignment Department. Please refer to registration hours above.
If your son/daughter has been assigned to an overflow school due to lack of space at his/her attendance area school at the time of registration you may expect the following:1. If space becomes available, before the first day of school (August 15, 2019)
2. If you receive a call/email to attend your attendance area school after the first day of school and your child has attended at least one day at the assigned overflow school:
- A CUSD staff member will contact you via phone call/email;
- Your child will be expected to attend your attendance area school on the first day of school (August 15, 2019).
Please keep in mind, you may receive a call on the day before the first day of school, August 14, 2019 or after the first day of school.
- You may request he/she remain at the overflow school for the remainder of the current school year only, or through grade 5 (providing your primary residence is within CUSD boundaries and your child is not withdrawn. If your child is withdrawn, the request to continue at the overflow school will become void.)