District Office Student Assignment Summer Hours: Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Registration (including change of address) Hours: Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Student Assignment will be closed on June 21, June 28, 2019
Student Assignment will be closed on July 4, July 5, July 12, July 19, July 26, 2019
Student Assignment will be closed on August 2, August 13, August 14, 2019
2019 - 2020 Registration Information:
If your current primary residence is within the CUSD boundaries, please visit the Cupertino Union School District Office at 1309 S. Mary Avenue, Sunnyvale to begin the registration process.
- Review the required registration documents
- Download and review the immunization requirements (TB Risk Assessment Form - required for all new students to Santa Clara County)
PLEASE NOTE: Students must be residing in the District and be available for any necessary testing/assessment at the time of registration. The District does not accept pre-registration.
Click here to begin the online registration process or you may retrieve a paper registration packet in the Student Assignment Office.
2019 - 2020 Transitional Kindergarten (TK):
A child is eligible for Transitional Kindergarten in the 2019 - 2020 school year if a child will have his/her 5th birthday between September 2 and December 2, 2019.
TK students will be assigned to one of the eight TK Satellite Sites. Parent/guardian must register in-person at the District Office, Student Assignment Department. Please refer to registration hours above.
If your son/daughter has been assigned to an overflow school due to lack of space at his/her attendance area school at the time of registration you may expect the following:1. If space becomes available, before the first day of school (August 15, 2019)
2. If you receive a call/email to attend your attendance area school after the first day of school and your child has attended at least one day at the assigned overflow school:
- A CUSD staff member will contact you via phone call/email;
- Your child will be expected to attend your attendance area school on the first day of school (August 15, 2019).
Please keep in mind, you may receive a call on the day before the first day of school, August 14, 2019 or after the first day of school.
- You may request he/she remain at the overflow school for the remainder of the current school year only, or through grade 5 (providing your primary residence is within CUSD boundaries and your child is not withdrawn. If your child is withdrawn, the request to continue at the overflow school will become void.)