New Teacher Support
Cupertino Union School District New Teacher Induction Program
The Cupertino Union School District (CUSD) Teacher Induction Program is approved and accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) as a pathway for teachers to clear their Multiple Subject, Single Subject, or Educational Specialist teaching credential. We are a single-district program providing support, professional development, and assessment for new teachers as they transition from pre-service to credentialed teaching.
What is New Teacher Induction?
Induction programs must be based on the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTP) and on statewide Induction Program Standards. Induction programs include weekly individualized, job-embedded mentor support; an opportunity to increase student learning; and, an opportunity to reflect upon development as a teacher with another professional.
Induction Program Goals
- Provide a pathway to the California Professional Clear Credential
- Build on the knowledge gained during the candidate’s Preliminary Preparation program
- Provide an effective transition into the field of teaching
- Improve the educational performance of students through improved training and assistance for teachers
- Create a program that helps ensure the professional success and retention of capable new teachers
- Ensure intensive individualized support and assistance for each candidate
- Establish an effective, coherent system of assessing candidate progress toward mastery of the California Standards for the Teaching Profession
- Ensure that an Individual Learning Plan for each candidate is based on an ongoing assessment of the candidate’s professional growth goals and development
- Provide a robust mentoring program that supports and guides new teachers in implementing the teaching standards in their classroom practice with students
Check out the full New Teacher Support Program website!