Traffic Guidelines and Parking Lot Safety
Traffic is very congested during the drop-off and pick-up times at Nimitz; therefore, it is very important that everyone follow all of the traffic rules below:
- Make sure your child has everything he/she needs in hand and begin saying your good-byes while pulling up to the curb.
- Drop off at the curb only.
- Pull all the way forward toward the end of the parking lot, even if no one is currently behind you.
- Have your child exit from the passenger side onto the curb and shut the car door. (Driver- DO NOT exit your car).
- Wave good bye to your child and put blinker on to signal that you are entering traffic flow.
- NEVER LEAVE CARE OR PARK CAR ALONG THE CURBSIDE.
Parking Lot Safety
Parking lot safety is a huge concern for us at Nimitz. We want to ensure the safety of all students. We ask the following:
- Please make sure you always use the crosswalks in the parking lot. It is not safe to cross any other area. Drivers are not expecting people to cross elsewhere.
- If you are on Cheyenne by the parking lot exit, please pause and let the cars exiting merge.
- ARRIVE EARLY. You may drop your children off as early as 7:50 a.m., but no earlier since there is no playground supervision.