Care and Handling
Device screens can be damaged if subjected to rough treatment.
● Try not to lean on top of the device with body weight.
● Refrain from placing heavy textbooks or other items thrown into a backpack on top of the device that could put pressure on the screen.
Clean the screen with a soft, dry antistatic, or microfiber cloth. Do not use window cleaner or any type of liquid. You can also use packaged pre-moistened eyeglass lens cleaning tissues to clean the screen.
● No food or drink allowed near your device.
● Insert keyboards and other lightning cables into the device carefully.
● Never shove your device into a cabinet or wedge it into a book bag as this could break the screen.
It is the student's responsibility to bring the iPad (legacy option or check-out opt in) to school charged and ready to go each day. The iPad should be charged overnight to ensure a full charge for the following school day.
Wireless Internet Access
Cupertino Union School District provides wireless Internet access at all campuses across the district. Chromebooks are configured to automatically connect to the wireless network when in range.
Cupertino Public libraries provides free wireless Internet access. More information about how to access free wifi at Cupertino libraries can be found here.
Comcast offers affordable Internet service through the Internet Essentials program to qualified households. More information about the program can be found here.
Think Before You Act
- Don't share or post personal or private information about yourself or others online. Think before you post, the Internet is forever!
- Communicate in ways that are kind and respectful, both online and in person.
- Tell your teacher or appropriate staff member if you find threatening, disturbing or inappropriate content while using your iPad.
- You should not be accessing and/or playing games on the Internet unless specifically allowed by a teacher or appropriate staff member.