Search for Superintendent of Schools
First Session with HYA
Meet the Search Firm
Established in 1987, Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates (HYA) is one of the oldest and largest search firms having assisted more than 1000 school boards select exceptionally talented leadership in school systems across the nation, large and small, urban and rural. HYA's reputation and experience make it one of the preeminent school search firms in the nation and a standard which others often emulate. HYA Associates are located across the country to conveniently serve clients and are thus uniquely qualified to bring local - as well as national- perspectives, knowledge, experience, and connections to each search.
- Excerpt from HYA proposal
Communications from the Board
- August 15, 2017- Board introduces new Superintendent
- July 19, 2017- Board conducts second interview with finalists and determines preferred candidate (Closed Session)
- July 17, 2017- Final 3 candidates interview with Confidential Stakeholder Advisory Committee
- July 15, 2017- Board interviews semi-finalists (Closed Session)
- July 14, 2017- Board interviews semi-finalists (Closed Session)
- July 11, 2017- Board creates questions for interview with candidates (Closed Session)
- July 10, 2017- Board identifies semi-finalists for Superintendent (Closed Session)
- May 30, 2017- HYA presents survey results and leadership profile; Board finalizes timeline and criteria for search (Open Session)
- May 1-May 22, 2017- Survey Open for all Staff and Community
- May 1-May 18, 2017- HYA conducts focus group meetings
- April 28, 2017- Board planning meeting with HYA (Open Session)
- April 18, 2017- Board interviews and selects Executive Search Firm HYA & Associates (Open Session)
- April 5, 2017- Deadline for RFP
- March 23, 2017- Request For Proposal (RFP)
Executive Search Firm Interviews
The following are interviews by the Board of Education of selected executive search firms on April 18, 2017.
Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates (HYA) – ERCA Group
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C.
Ray and Associates, Inc.