Managing Graduated and Transferring Student Google Drive Data
Are you leaving Cupertino Union School District? Wish you had a way to hang on to all those years of hard work? Follow these directions to export your Google Drive data into a zip file.
Graduated students have until September 1 of their graduating year to download data from Google Drive. After September 1, student accounts will be suspended. On January 1, student accounts will be deleted.
Students who transfer out of the district will have their Google accounts suspended the day after they leave CUSD. Accounts will be deleted at the end of that school year.
If your student requires access to their account after it has been suspended, email the information listed below to: email@example.com
- Parent email on record with CUSD
- Student ID number
- Home Phone number on record with CUSD
Export Your Data
How to Download Your Google Drive Data
- Move/Copy the files you want to save to a Folder in Google Drive (you can do more than one)
- Right Click on the Folder
- Select Download
- WAIT while it prepares the download. Depending on the number of files, it can take minutes
- Save that file to your laptop
- You can now copy that file to an external hard drive or copy the files back up to your personal Google account
- If copying to your personal Google Account- login to your personal account
- Verify the 'google convert' setting is the way you want
- Unzip the file that was downloaded by double-clicking on it, this will create a folder that matches what you set up in Google Drive
- Select New/Upload folder and select the folder you just created
- There is a setting in Google that either converts your files to the Google format or not. I.E. convert a Word Powerpoint into a Google Slides file
- Only "Download" one folder at a time- it's easier to see what you're working with
Downloading Data from Other Applications
Many applications have their own process for allowing you to download and maintain your own data. Contact the application owner for more information on how to download your information.