Student Data Privacy
Maintaining student privacy is taken very seriously and each one of us plays a role in protecting personally identifiable student information. CUSD has an internal process to review software, services, and sites used by teachers to make sure they legally abide by federal and state laws.
Student Data protections are governed by the following federal laws:
- AB 1584 / EC 49073.1 - Privacy of Pupil Records
- CIPA - Children's Internet Protection Act
- COPPA - Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
- FERPA - Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- SOPIPA- Student Online Personal Information Protection Act
CUSD is part of the California Student Privacy Alliance, an organization which has created an unified agreement for vendors and school districts to enter into to protect student data. CUSD uses the California Student Data Privacy Agreement.