All confirmed COVID-19 incidents related to Cupertino Union School District school sites and offices will be posted to this page. For the purposes of this dashboard:
- CUSD is not counting community-related cases for those individuals who have not come onto campus within close contact* of other students and staff.
- CUSD is counting all positive confirmed cases for individuals who have been on campus within close contact* of others for CUSD or school supervised instruction or activities while infectious.
Once the district learns of an individual who has tested positive at a school site or office, these steps will be followed:
- Isolate individuals if present and advise of any required self-quarantine
- Consult with Santa Clara County Public Health Department
- Clean and treat any affected areas
- Contact identification within CUSD to determine close contacts*
- Immediately notify anyone within CUSD determined to have had close contact* and advise of any required self-quarantine
- Notify anyone who may have been in proximity, such as in the classroom, school, or office
- Follow any additional recommendations from the Santa Clara County Public Health Department
*Close contact is defined as someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period starting from 2 days before symptom onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to the test specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.
You can view more details in the CUSD Reopening Handbook (available soon).
Above is a list of all confirmed COVID-19 incidents related to CUSD schools sites and offices. The dashboard is updated once a week and when we are notified of confirmed cases. All cases are confidential. Information regarding individuals with COVID-19 symptoms, close contacts with someone who is COVID-19 positive, or individuals who have tested positive for the coronavirus, is sensitive, confidential information. Names will not be released.
Important Note: CUSD does not wait to notify close contacts upon the initial report of a positive case. However, we do wait for official confirmation from the Santa Clara County Public Health Department before listing the case on this dashboard. This could result in a delay of cases appearing on this dashboard or a discrepancy between the number of notifications received and the actual number of confirmed cases (when the case is not confirmed positive by public health).
* For data prior to April 5, 2021, see https://www.cusdk8.org/Page/9120