Volunteering for the 2021-2022 School Year will require:
- Signed CUSD volunteer form/agreement
- TB clearance
- Fingerprinting clearance
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- Complete CUSD volunteer health and training course.
- Follow all CUSD health and safety guidelines as outlined:
- Complete symptom check
- Wear a mask at all times
- Maintain 6ft social distancing from students and adults in all K-12 school settings
- Practice proper hand hygiene
- Volunteering must occur outdoors when students are present - no volunteers indoors at this time.
You can complete the Volunteer interest form here. Ms. Salas will contact for assistance.
Parent/Adult Volunteer Fingerprint Requirement
All parent/adult volunteers at Garden Gate must be fingerprinted in accordance with California State Education Code and CUSD Board Policy.
Fingerprint clearance is required for any parent or adult who is at Garden Gate during the school day for any reason or any amount of time including (but not limited to):
- Working in the classroom and/or copying work for a teacher
- Chaperoning on field trips
- Volunteering at or attending school-wide events such as Book Fairs and International Day
Requirements for Fingerprinting:
- Fill out and submit a CUSD Volunteer Information Agreement Authorization from to the Garden Gate School office. This form is available in the main office at Garden Gate. Make sure the document says “Garden Gate” at the top. This form is also available on the CUSD website under the “For Parents” tab. This is an important step, and the only way we can track volunteers through the process. If you do not submit this form to the school office, we cannot notify you when your fingerprints have cleared.
- Fill out and submit a Department of Justice Request for Live Scan Service form to a fingerprint-rolling vendor. This form is available in the main office at Garden Gate. It is also available on the CUSD website.
- Take your fingerprints at any Live Scan vendor, including the Sheriff’s Department. CUSD contracts with The UPS Store #4636, 2784 Homestead Road, Santa Clara, (408) 247-4010 for a reduced fee. The fee is $32 at this location only.