SELPA II Community Advisory Committee
The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) is a group of parents, educators, and community members who provide input to the administration and school boards of Special Education Local Planning Area (SELPA) II. CAC sponsors educational and training programs related to special education at local schools (in CUSD), with business meetings, held monthly. By getting involved in the CAC, you make a difference to your child as well as to our community. We welcome all community members to both our presentations and business meetings.
Each SELPA is mandated by law to:
- Advise the administration of the development, amendment, and review of the Local Plan;
- Recommend annual priorities to be addressed;
- Assist in parent education and request their input;
- Encourage community involvement in the development and review of the Local Plan;
- Support activities for students with special needs; and
- Educate by offering informative meetings and support.