Students are to remain home for the following:
- Temperature - If your child has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher they must remain at home until he/she has a normal 98.6 degree temperature for 24 hours without the use of a fever reducing medication.
- Nausea or vomiting – Students must remain at home until free of symptoms for at least 24 hours if they have vomited.
- Diarrhea – Students must remain at home until free of symptoms for at least 24 hours.
- Evidence of a communicable disease such as a rash, swelling or unusual sore throat.
- Severe headache
- Spasm or convulsion
- Complaints from the child of feeling ill when the child was home the day before or felt ill before coming to school.
- Any severe accident, including a deep cut, possible fracture or dislocation, or any accident requiring immediate medical attention.
- Conjunctivitis – pink eye
- Undiagnosed rash – Rashes need to be verified by your doctor that they are non-contagious; a note is needed.
- Continuous coughing or runny nose