The Open Enrollment Lottery was held on Tuesday, March 14, 2017.
1. Results will be mailed to the parent/guardian during the week of April 3, 2017 and will NOT be given over the phone or in person. No exceptions.
2. If you have not received your Lottery results by Thursday, April 20, 2017, please visit our Student Assignment Office with your full proof of residence and a photo ID to receive a copy of your student's results. Please note the Lottery number assigned to your student on March 14, 2017 may not be the same as the Lottery waitlist number assigned to your student after the Lottery.
3. All Open Enrollment requests, and any resulting waitlist numbers, are valid only as long as the student resides within CUSD. Once a student moves outside the District, the Open Enrollment request, and any resulting waitlist number, is no longer valid.
February 2, 2017 – February 15, 2017
Students whose primary residence is within the CUSD boundaries may Open Enroll at ONE Alternative Education Program School or ONE attendance area school other than his/her attendance area school during the Open Enrollment Window only. You may visit the school of your choice to complete an Open Enrollment Form during the Priority Open Enrollment Window if you wish to participate in the Priority Open Enrollment Lottery on March 14, 2017.
Alternative Education Program School Applications
(Faria grades K-5, Murdock-Portal grades K-5, McAuliffe grades K-8 and Cupertino Language Immersion Program [CLIP] grades K-8)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Incoming 2017-18 Kindergarten students must register during the Kindergarten Registration Window (January 23 – February 15, 2016) to be eligible for an Open Enrollment request during the February 2 – February 15, 2017 Open Enrollment Window. Please contact your Open Enrollment choice school for Open Enrollment hours. Hours may vary depending on the school site. Late applications will not be accepted.
A McAuliffe 5th grade student or a 5th grade CLIP student must participate in the Priority Open Enrollment Window, February 2, 2017 – February 15, 2017 if he/she would like to attend his/her respective attendance area school for the 2017-2018 school year.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING OPEN ENROLLMENT AT CUPERTINO MIDDLE SCHOOL:
* Due to the impact at Cupertino Middle School (CMS) and Stocklmeir Elementary School, CMS and Stocklmeir will not be open to receive NOR participate in the 2017-2018 school year Open Enrollment Window (February 5, 2017 - February 15, 2017). CMS and Stocklmeir will NOT be closed to CMS and Stocklmeir attendance area students.
* CMS attendance area students who wish to attend Lawson Middle School for grades 6 through 8 will be given priority to do so. Therefore, if your son/daughter would like to forego his/her CMS space (beginning with the 2017-2018 school year), he/she must participate in the Open Enrollment Window (February 2, 2016 - February 15, 2016) to do so. Parent/guardian must complete an Open Enrollment Form and Lottery ticket at Lawson Middle School during the Open Enrollment Window (Febrary 2, 2017 - February 15, 2017) IN ORDER to be considered.
PLEASE KEEP THE FOLLOWING IN MIND: