NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION AND OPEN ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
2022-2023 New Transitional Kindergarten through 8th Grade Student Priority Registration
January 10, 2022 through February 16, 2022
The Priority Registration Window is January 10, 2022 through February 16, 2022
Kindergarten is available for children turning five years old on or before September 1, 2022
TK is available for children turning five years old between September 2, 2022 and February 2, 2023.
TK is part of a two-year Kindergarten program.
NEW incoming Kindergarten through 8th-grade students will register at their respective Attendance Area School. Please keep in mind each school site determines specific days and times to register during this window. Therefore, please check your respective school site’s website for specific Priority Registration instructions.
CLICK HERE for school listings and websites.
**Matriculating Kindergarten (current TK) students and 6th grade (current 5th) students DO NOT need to complete a new Priority Registration**
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) will be required to register at the Student Assignment Office. Registration will be remote only.
Transitional Kindergarten New Student Registration - Please click here to submit your TK registration request for the 2022-2023 school year.
**Student Assignment staff will start to respond to submissions on January 10, 2022**
For questions, please submit a Google Form request and a Student Assignment staff member will reach out to you as soon as they get to your information in the queue. Thank you!
For registration at Eaton Elementary School, please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Gather all required documents
- Proof of residence - Current property tax bill or final buyer’s statement from your title company if you recently purchased your new home (if purchased within the last six  months) if you own your home or a fully executed lease agreement if you rent. (CUSD does not accept grant deeds)
- Parent Photo ID - either a CA ID/Driver’s license or a passport is accepted
- Child’s birth certificate or passport
- Child’s most up to date immunization records
Step 2: Click here to submit a registration request and a staff member will reach out to you as soon as they get to your information in the queue to guide you through the registration process.
Step 3: Document Verification/Registration completion for attendance area school
Once a staff member reaches out to you to guide you through the registration process, please Click Here to submit documents and complete online registration
OPEN ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
2022-2023 Open Enrollment
February 1, 2022 through February 16, 2022
The Priority Open Enrollment Window is February 1, 2022 through February 16, 2022
All incoming or matriculating CUSD Kindergarten through 8th grade students may apply for up to two alternative programs* and/or up to two attendance area schools other than their home school. Parents will apply via an electronic form on the District website during the Priority Open Enrollment Window.
*Participation in the alternative program school lottery requires attending a tour/meeting—visit each alternative school’s website to sign up for a tour/meeting!
Attendance Area Elementary Schools
Blue Hills, Collins, De Vargas, Dilworth, Eaton, Eisenhower, Garden Gate, Lincoln, Montclaire, Nimitz, Sedgwick, Stevens Creek, Stocklmeir and West Valley
Attendance Area Middle Schools
Cupertino, Hyde, Kennedy, Lawson and Miller
Alternative Education Program
Step 1: Register at your attendance area school
- For new students, registration must be completed to receive a perm ID#
- For matriculating students, your student has a perm ID# and that can be retrieved through ParentVue or through the school office
Step 2: Attend a Parent Information Meeting/Tour*
*(for alternative schools ONLY - Faria, McAuliffe, Murdock-Portal, CLIP [Cupertino Language Immersion Program] and Home Study)
- You must register for these meetings through the school website
- You must have a perm ID# for your student to register
- If you have a sibling currently attending the alternative school, this meeting is not required (but you MUST register to receive a perm ID# to apply during Open Enrollment)
Step 3: Apply for the schools via the Open Enrollment link
- The link will be on the CUSD website and will be live at 8:00 am on February 1st and will close at 4:00 pm on February 16th - absolutely no exceptions will be made for these deadlines
The Priority Open Enrollment Lottery will be done electronically on March 31, 2022.
Lottery results will be live on April 29, 2022.