Flyer Approval and Distribution Process at CUSD
Due to the summer break, June 7, 2019, will be the final posting day for the 2018-2019 school year. Any flyers submitted after June 6, 2019, will be denied. We will begin posting flyers starting in early August for the 2019-2020 school year.
The Cupertino Union School District distributes materials through an electronic system called “Peachjar.” Once the materials are approved in accordance with the criteria and process outlined below, this system sends an email to all subscribed parents and then posts the materials on the Peachjar website for a 30 day period. In furtherance of the District’s goal to reduce waste, we only distribute materials through Peachjar. Flyers are not approved for distribution at school sites.
Criteria for Approval (Changes to our guidelines 4/5/18, please read carefully)
All sponsoring entities seeking to distribute materials with Peachjar must submit the material to the Office of the Superintendent for approval. The Cupertino Union School District will consider requests for distribution of materials to its schools in accordance with the following criteria:
- The sponsoring entity or District affiliated organization is distributing materials providing educational or enrichment services that may directly benefit students
- The materials publicize services, youth groups, or other gatherings of interest to students and do not contain other commercial advertisements
- Materials advertising services must clearly state that a fee waiver and/or scholarship is available for participants with financial hardship.
- The materials clearly bear the name, address and contact information of the sponsoring entity
- The materials contain the following disclaimer: “This event is not school-sponsored or approved and the opinions of the sponsoring organization are not necessarily those of the school district or school personnel.”
The Superintendent or designee will not accept for distribution of any materials or advertisements that:
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous;
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools;
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure;
- Proselytize or position the district on any side of a controversial issue;
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of any unlawful consideration;
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, non-nutritious foods and beverages, movies or products unsuitable for children;
The Superintendent or designee also may consider the educational value of the materials or advertisements, the age or maturity of the students in the intended audience, and whether the materials or advertisements support the students or their parents/guardians.
Flyer Approval Process
- Sponsoring entities which meet the above criteria should request a log-in and submit the materials that they wish to distribute to www.peachjar.com. There is a fee of up to $30 per upload/per school. Select school(s).
- Peachjar will send the flyer for approval to Steven Kaufman.
- Once approved, the flyer is “blasted” to the parent emails of the school(s) you select. It is then kept on Peachjar for 30 days.
Please direct all questions to Steven Kaufman by email to: email@example.com.