Flyer Approval and Distribution Process at CUSD
Peachjar Flyer Approval Process
Cupertino Union School District (“CUSD”) partners with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar. We have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery as part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility. Flyers are posted to a webpage and are distributed through email and/or text. We do not distribute flyers over any breaks (Thanksgiving, Winter, Spring, and Summer). The following information provides instructions and the protocols for using the Peachjar electronic flyer system.
Peachjar provides this service at no charge to CUSD. Community partners who wish to distribute flyers to CUSD families will be asked to visit Peachjar’s website and pay a small service fee to have their information uploaded and distributed. This cost will typically be much less than the expense to print hundreds or even thousands of copies.
Parents and guardians will receive a welcome email from Peachjar that will include a username and password. This is provided to give families the opportunity to manage their accounts and delivery preferences. It is not necessary to login to receive or view school eflyers. This system is used exclusively for distribution of school-approved flyers. E-mail addresses will not be shared or used for any other purpose. Families without access to email will be able to view all flyers at their school’s front office. Visit www.peachjar.com for more information.
Community Groups and Organizations
All requests for flyer distribution by community groups or organizations must first be approved by the CUSD District Office through the Peachjar system prior to being posted to a school(s) Peachjar page. In order to be eligible to use the Peachjar system you must be a local non-profit organization with a valid 501(c)(3) tax ID. The only exception is for district partners who are providers of after school enrichment classes, which are held on school campuses.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- Ensure that your flyer meets the CUSD Flyer Approval requirements described below.
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Register as an Enrichment / Community Org. (account type).
- Select desired schools
- Upload your pdf flyer to Peachjar for approval
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the School or District office. Staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. Flyers are approved weekly. Please plan to submit flyers at least one week prior to your preferred posting date.
FLYER APPROVAL REQUIREMENTS
- ALL flyers are subject to District and School approval. Payment through Peachjar does not guarantee distribution of your information to CUSD schools and families. Flyer requests can be denied at any time. Organizations will be credited for any information that is not distributed.
- Flyer must include location information. No approvals will be granted for activities (tutoring, music lessons, art instruction, etc.) that take place in a private residence. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- If activity is taking place at a CUSD facility, prior facility use permit approval is required.
- All activities listed in the flyers shall support the District’s mission and framework for excellence and shall not directly conflict with District programs.
- All activities listed in the flyers shall directly benefit students or be of intrinsic value to students and/or parents.
- All flyers shall contain the group’s name and contact information.
- All flyers must include the following disclaimer (exact wording): This program is not sponsored by Cupertino Union School District and opinions are not necessarily those of the school district or school personnel.
- Flyer approval does NOT constitute an endorsement from CUSD.
- Flyer must contain information about scholarship/financial assistance. If it is free, please state that it is free of cost.
- Flyer distribution requests can be denied at any time. This is true even if your organization has been approved in the past.
If an organization does not abide by the approval requirements, the organization will no longer be able to send flyers through the schools.
Flyer Approval Process
- Sponsoring entities which meet the above criteria should request a log-in and submit the materials that they wish to distribute to www.peachjar.com. There is a fee of up to $30 per upload/per school. Select school(s).
- Peachjar will send the flyer for approval to CUSD.
- Once approved, the flyer is “blasted” to the parent emails of the school(s) you select. It is then kept on Peachjar for 30 days.
- Flyers are approved weekly. Please plan to submit flyers at least one week prior to your preferred posting date.
Please direct all questions to Sandy Madeleine at firstname.lastname@example.org.