General Information - Student Transportation Program
Thank you for submitting your application for general education bus transportation for the 2019-2020 school year. The District will have a lottery and send results out as early as May 22nd. You will get notification of a reserved spot or a wait-list number.
Payment and bus pass collection:
Payment can be made online using PayPal (link will be provided on this web page on May 22nd) or in person with a check or credit card. No cash please.
Payments in person and bus pass collection will be available at the Business Services office during May 28th - May 31 from 9am - 4pm.
Wait list information:
If you are on the wait list, you will be notified when a spot opens up and you can provide payment and collect your bus pass after this notification.
For those who have not done their general education bus transportation application for the 2019-2020 school year yet, you will have an opportunity to do so beginning May 28th and your application will be placed after the lottery results.If you have additional questions, please email BUSFORFEE@CUSDK8.ORG
The District provides safe transportation for the following students:
- Students in Special Education -
- To report your student's absence for the day, please contact Transportation at (408) 252-3000 ext. 61386 or ext. 61389
- To submit your Transportation Request form or make changes to the pick-up/drop-off location, please contact Pupil Services at (408) 252-300 ext. 61130
- Note: Transportation must be documented in a student's Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Limited fee-based transportation to these four elementary schools only for neighborhood students residing on the opposite side of a major thoroughfare - De Vargas, Eisenhower, Montclaire, and Stevens Creek. (See list of qualified residence addresses under Fee-Based Transportation-Elementary content tab.)
- Limited fee-based transportation for students who live in the Stocklmeir Elementary School attendance area and attend Cupertino Middle School. (See list of qualified residence addresses under Transportation for Cupertino Middle School content tab.) This service is offered as an effort to eliminate traffic in and around CMS.
- District Field Trips
- Field Trips for Outside Entities
Free or Reduced-Fee Transportation: The transportation program follows the same guidelines as the free/reduced-fee meal program administered by the District's Student Nutrition Services Department (SNS). For qualified students, the price of a bus pass may be free or offered at a 25% discount. Students must apply on a yearly basis. Click here to view the informational flyer for free/reduced-fee bus passes. For more information or to apply, please visit the SNS website (click here) or visit the SNS office at the District Operations Center, 10301 Vista Drive in Cupertino. Office hours are Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Click for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For information or concerns not addressed by visiting the District website, please email email@example.com. Parents may also call the CMS Bus Information Line at (408) 252-3000 x61-470, or the Bus Information Line for DeVargas, Eisenhower, Montclaire and Stevens Creek at x61-469 where information is updated throughout the school year.
Please note the application process, transportation options, bus stops and pricing for the limited fee-based transportation program for De Vargas, Montclaire, Eisenhower, Stevens Creek and Cupertino Middle schools are subject to change. For transportation options outside of the District, families may contact the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) at www.vta.org or call 408-321-2300/800-894-9908.
- Students in Special Education -