General Information - Student Transportation Program
FOR QUALIFIED STUDENTS (SEE RESIDENCE LISTING UNDER INDIVIDUAL SCHOOL TABS ON THIS SITE), BUS PASS SALES ARE AVAILABLE MONDAY TO FRIDAY FROM 1:00 P.M. TO 4:00 P.M. HOLIDAYS AND SCHOOL RECESS/BREAKS EXCLUDED. LOCATION: DISTRICT'S BUSINESS SERVICES OFFICE AT 1309 S. MARY AVENUE, SUITE 150, IN SUNNYVALE. WE ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS AND CREDIT/DEBIT CARD PAYMENTS. CREDIT/DEBIT CARD PAYMENTS MUST BE COMPLETED IN PERSON. QUESTIONS? EMAIL "BUSFORFEE@CUSDK8.ORG".
FEES FOR TRANSPORTATION 2018-2019
Annual Round Trip $1,000
Half-Year Round Trip $500
Annual One-Way $500
Half-Year One-Way $250
FEES FOR TRANSPORTATION 2019-2020
Annual Round Trip $1,228
Half-Year Round Trip $614
Annual One-Way $614
Half-Year One-Way $307
TRANSPORTATION FOR 2018-2019 FOR DEVARGAS AND CUPERTINO MIDDLE SCHOOL:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND DEADLINES TO APPLY FOR THE RANDOM DRAWING/LOTTERY ARE AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING UNDER EACH SCHOOL HEADING. ALL STUDENTS - EVEN THOSE CURRENTLY RIDING THIS SCHOOL YEAR OR ON THIS YEAR'S WAITLIST - MUST SUBMIT A NEW APPLICATION EACH YEAR. DEADLINE TO APPLY: 5 PM MAY 11, 2018
TRANSPORTATION FOR 2018-2019 FOR EISENHOWER, MONTCLAIRE & STEVENS CREEK:
Applications for bus passes will be available beginning Monday, July 30, 2018.
Click here for new Transportation Application 2018-2019
The District provides safe transportation for the following students:
- Students in Special Education -
- To report your student's absence for the day, please contact Transportation at (408) 252-3000 ext. 61386 or ext. 61389
- To submit your Transportation Request form or make changes to the pick-up/drop-off location, please contact Pupil Services at (408) 252-300 ext. 61130
- Note: Transportation must be documented in a student's Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Limited fee-based transportation to these four elementary schools only for neighborhood students residing on the opposite side of a major thoroughfare - De Vargas, Eisenhower, Montclaire, and Stevens Creek. (See list of qualified residence addresses under Fee-Based Transportation-Elementary content tab.)
- Limited fee-based transportation for students who live in the Stocklmeir Elementary School attendance area and attend Cupertino Middle School. (See list of qualified residence addresses under Transportation for Cupertino Middle School content tab.) This service is offered as an effort to eliminate traffic in and around CMS.
- District Field Trips
- Field Trips for Outside Entities
Free or Reduced-Fee Transportation: The transportation program follows the same guidelines as the free/reduced-fee meal program administered by the District's Student Nutrition Services Department (SNS). For qualified students, the price of a bus pass may be free or offered at a 25% discount. Students must apply on a yearly basis. Click here to view the informational flyer for free/reduced-fee bus passes. For more information or to apply, please visit the SNS website (click here) or visit the SNS office at the District Operations Center, 10301 Vista Drive in Cupertino. Office hours are Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Click for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For information or concerns not addressed by visiting the District website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Parents may also call the CMS Bus Information Line at (408) 252-3000 x61-470, or the Bus Information Line for DeVargas, Eisenhower, Montclaire and Stevens Creek at x61-469 where information is updated throughout the school year.
Please note the application process, transportation options, bus stops and pricing for the limited fee-based transportation program for De Vargas, Montclaire, Eisenhower, Stevens Creek and Cupertino Middle schools are subject to change. For transportation options outside of the District, families may contact the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) at www.vta.org or call 408-321-2300/800-894-9908.
- Students in Special Education -