PTA DONATION CORPORATE MATCHING PROGRAM FAQ
Many companies in the local area support corporate matching for donations made for K-12 educational purposes. We recommend parents ask their HR department for more information about their company’s corporate match policies. Below are some frequently asked questions.
What is corporate matching?
Many companies match contributions to non-profit US based 501(c)(3) organizations. This can instantly double the money you donate to the organization.
What is the process for corporate matching?
Each company has a different process for employer match. Please ask your HR/Benefits department. In general, the steps to process corporate matching are:
1. Check to see if your company participates.
2. Many companies use a third party provider such as www.easymatch.com or www.gi
vingstation.com. You may be required to request for the matching through the designated website. Your HR should be able to provide you the link and login information.
3. If John Muir PTA was not already listed as an account in your corporate matching program, please check with your HR on steps of setting it up. You may contact us at email@example.com to ask for any supporting document you may need to complete the set up.
4. Once your matching request was submitted to your company, most company would send us an email and ask John Muir PTA to confirm your donation. After the verification of donation is completed, your company will send John Muir PTA the matching fund check. There are a few companies that do need verification of donation. In those cases, your company will send John Muir PTA the matching fund check directly.
5. It’s important to submit your matching request to your company in a timely manner as sometime it has to be submitted within 3 month from donation date.
When should I apply for corporate match?
When a contribution is made to support the school (Walk-a-thon, Direct Donation or volunteer hours), you should apply.