2021-2022 New Student Registration Info
2021–2022 New Kinder - 5th Grade Student Registration
2021-22 New Student Registration resumes on April 5th, 2021. The registration will continue to be conducted virtually at the Student Assignment Office. Please visit https://www.cusdk8.org/Page/9094 for more information.
Students who register will be placed on a first come first serve basis. If there are more students registering than the number of spaces available in a particular grade, the student will be overflowed to the nearest CUSD school that has an opening.
Notification of official placement at West Valley Elementary will be sent during the week of June 14, 2021.
Priority Registration Window - January 11, 2021 through February 10, 2021
Priority Open Enrollment Window - January 27, 2021 through February 10, 2021
New Student Registration resumes - April 5, 2021 at Student Assignment Office (virtually)
- 2021-22 School year will start on August 16. 2021.
- Kindergarten is offered to children turning five years old on or before September 1, 2021. TK is available for children turning 5 years old between September 2, 2021, and December 2, 2021. West Valley does not offer TK.
- Students who are currently enrolled in CUSD do not need to re-enroll for the 21-22 school year. Matriculating Kindergarten (current TK in 20-21) students and 6th grade (current 5th in 20-21) students DO NOT need to complete a new Priority Registration.
- Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and children of CUSD/FUHSD employees will be required to register at the Student Assignment Office (online only). Please visit https://www.cusdk8.org/Page/9094 for more information.
- The student must be physically living within West Valley boundaries to register. CUSD does not accept any pre-registrations. If you have not yet moved within CUSD boundaries, please wait to register till the child physically lives in the neighborhood.
What do parents need to do to register their child at West valley Elementary?
1. Gather all required documents:
- Proof of Residence- Current property tax bill or a final buyers statement from your title company if you recently purchased your new home (if purchased within the last six  months if you own your home or a fully executed lease agreement if you rent. (CUSD does not accept grant deeds)
- Parent Photo ID- either a CA ID/Driver’s license or a passport is accepted
- Child’s birth certificate or passport
- Child’s most up to date Immunization records
2. Complete this Google form (link expired as of Morch 31, 2021) to submit a registration request for your student at West Valley Elementary.
3. West Valley Staff will begin responding to submissions on March 1st, 2021 (closed on March 31, 2021). As staff goes through the queue of applications, they will contact you with details on how to submit documents and complete online registration (Registrations for 2021-22 SY done at the District Office- Student Assignment - from April 5, 2021 onwards)
Please email:: (email@example.com) for all registration related questions.
Helpful Registration Links:
What is Open Enrollment and what do Parents need to do?
Open Enrollment is a lottery held yearly by CUSD where students can apply for CUSD schools other than their home school/attendance area school. All incoming or matriculating CUSD Kindergarten through 8th-grade students may apply for up to two alternative programs* and/or up-to two attendance area schools other than their home school. Parents will apply via an electronic form on the District (CUSD) website during the Priority Open Enrollment Window. The Priority Open Enrollment Lottery will be done electronically on March 30th, 2021. The results will be available the week of April 19th, 2021.
Please visit https://www.cusdk8.org/Page/9135 for more information regarding Open Enrollment.
*Participation in the alternative program school lottery requires attending a tour/meeting—visit each alternative school’s website to sign up for a tour/meeting!