Virtual WEB Orientation for Incoming Students
Dear Families of Incoming Students:
CMS is excited to welcome our incoming students! This year, our Where Everybody Belongs (WEB) student leaders are planning a virtual orientation experience for your incoming student. This will take place on Friday, August 7th. The orientation experience will help your child be better acquainted and prepared for middle school and life at CMS. This will be an opportunity for your child to meet other students in their grade level and meet their WEB leaders who will serve as mentors and help your child transition to middle school.
At this time, please keep Friday, August 7th, free for this special orientation. Your child will attend a one-hour session which will be hosted by their WEB leaders and supervised by a CMS staff member.
What can I expect in the next week?
- Expect an email with the Google Meet link for your child’s session
- Expect a phone call from your WEB student leader (Aug. 4-6). (Parent phone)
- Block off Aug 7 - your specific one-hour assignment will be assigned and e-mailed to you by August 4.
How can I help my child prepare for August 7th?
- Help your student be ready to login to the assigned Google Meet link with student iPad or other device. (If you have any technology needs, please fill out this form by the end of day August 4th.)
- Have paper and pencil handy.
Other upcoming events and information for new students and families:
More specific information to follow (check e-mail regularly).
- August 12: Incoming Families Last Minute Q&A with CMS Administration
- August 12: Schedules available in Synergy - ParentVUE
- August 13: First Day of School (Digital Learning)
- August 27: Virtual Back to School Night
- Textbook/materials distribution - to be determined… stay tuned.
Thank you and welcome to Cupertino Middle School! Go Bears!
Tony Phillips, Judson Sickler
Anu Iyer, Jeanine Woodell